Ever been asked to FAX something to someone, an important document, drivers license, etc. but didn't have a FAX machine handy? Try taking a picture of it and send by e-mail. Many can convert that photo into a document and you're done. However, I use a handy piece of software to take the picture, quickly save to a PDF (Portable Document Format used by many FAX machines, etc.), save and then e-mail. You even have the original for your records. I mentioned this handy feature in a previous article titled "what other things can you do with a smart phone camera."
- Take a picture of the page
- Use the scanner software on your smart phone or tablet to convert to a PDF.
- E-mail the result right from the software.
- Send a copy of a contract or important document.
- Get a copy of the menu from your favorite restaurant, snap a picture of each page.
- Need a copy of something you just signed? Take the picture and convert it later to a PDF and save.
- Save important receipts for business or tax purposes.
- Scan your important forms of identification like Passport and Drivers License and save to an on-line service like Evernote, Dropbox, SkyDrive, etc. for easy retrieval in case of emergency.
|CamScanner for Android|
|CamScanner for iPad|
|Scanner Pro for iPhone. Credit:Readdle|
|Scanner Pro for iPad|
|Take Picture and let software find the edges|
|Add a 2nd Page|
|E-mail it, Save it or Print it.|