Microsoft is having some trouble getting folks to embrace Windows 8 and I have experienced the frustrations from friends about Windows 8. Some things are just plain different and Microsoft did not show people how to do common tasks with Windows 8 especially with a mouse and keyboard -- not touch. I've created a 6 minute video showing the answers to my 5 most common "how do I do ..." in Windows 8.
The most common is "how do I close a program?" That's right, there isn't an 'X' in the upper right corner as Windows 7 and all previous versions of Windows.
Here are the questions I answer:
- How do I close a program?
- How can I see and get to already opened programs?
- How do I see all of the "tiles" on the Start Screen?
- How do I see all programs installed on my computer?
- How do I shut down the computer? Unfortunately this takes 4 clicks but Windows 8.1 does it in 2 clicks.
Full Disclosure. I am using a Microsoft Surface RT Tablet with a Touch keyboard running Windows 8.1 Preview. Don't worry, learning the above 5 items will NOT hamper you in Windows 8.1--it will help you!
Please share any and all Windows 8 frustrations you may have encountered.