Overseas Military personnel and their families keep in contact by video call using Skype. You too can use Skype to say hello and see your grandchildren at the same time.
- Create a Skype account at www.skype.com. It's FREE.
- Install the FREE Skype software on your PC, tablet or smartphone.
- Setup Skype on your phone, tablet or PC (Windows or Mac)
- Search for contacts
- Make the call!
|Go to Skype.com
|Create a Skype account. It's FREE
- From Skype, search for another person who has Skype and add them as a contact. A Skype message will be sent to the other person for permission to be a contact.
- Make the Skype call.
- Your device must have a network connection and a camera that faces you.
- Some carriers will allow video conference over a standard 3G connection while others will not. Either contact your carrier or give this a try to see. If not, make sure you are connected to the Internet via WiFi.
- Skype can work while on 3G or 4G but works best on WiFi.