FINALLY! Microsoft creates a quick and easy to read guide for their new operating system-Windows 10. They didn't do this with Windows 8 (at least I never found one) and it hurt them badly!
It's only 14 pages so it's a quick read.
However, there are some topics here that I don't think are that important to average computer users, at least those I pay attention to -- beginners and seniors.
Here are the topics found in the guide and their order. (
Table of Contents (of course!)
- Cortana (similar to Apple's Siri but more)
- Microsoft Edge (a new browser and it is better than Internet Explorer)
- Gaming and Xbox (not that important to me)
- Built-in apps (Head and shoulders better than what came with Windows 8 or 8.1)
Enterprise-grade secure and fast (this is huge to
- Windows Defender (anti-virus and anti-malware for FREE)
- Smart Screen (huh? I guess this is important)
- Windows Hello (I like this a lot, but it requires a new type of camera so a new computer is in order)
- Hiberboot (this is the "fast" I really like. Even shutdown is really fast)
- InstantGo (sounds good)
- Familiar and easy to use (this should be topic #1 for those that trudged through Windows 8 or who avoided it due to the backlash)
- Start (Yeah! I am completely comfortable with the new pieces here too)
- Compatible (a long standing Microsoft guiding principle)
- Multi-tasking (good, but not used all that much)
- Continuum (Say what?!. This is good. Your computing experience is what made this feature possible)
Seamlessly stay up to date (some positive and negative opinions on this, but I like it and support it)
- Automatic Updates (I've always had this turned on and it has NEVER hurt me)
- OneDrive (all of my documents are on my computer AND in the cloud and OneDrive is one of those apps that make the work)
- Windows Store (we get our apps here now and it works)
Again, the Windows 10 Quick Guide is only 14 pages so take a look before you upgrade to Windows 10. Heck, read it after you upgrade.
See this and other Tablet Grandpa blog posts at www.tabletgrandpa.com
Follow my Blog and other items on Twitter: @TabletGrandpa
See what I'm doing on Facebook at www.facebook.com/tabletgrandpa
Post a Comment